Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

The "Mailman Problem"

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dadman, Sep 9, 2003.

1. dadman

dadman Member

Okay, after extensive and exhustive research into this little snafu, I've cometo the following conclusion:

1. The database info is incorrect with the dorresponding admin pages/or

2. The admin templates are incorrect when it comes to interfacing with the database.

3. The problem is more prevelant on domains that have been moved from one server to another.

I will focus on #2 tomorrow in the hope of finding the solution. So far, I've only had problems with 1 list that I'm aware of. Customers may not have informed me of others so this is the only one I'm aware of.

I've checked all of the following:

httpd.conf Corrected.
    Ran the fix via the script for suexec.
    Shut down Suexec
    Turned it back on when other problems arose! (Didn't change the problem anyway!)
    At this time only 2 of the list admin urls are functional. The rest point to the users doman instead of the host server.

I would be interested in knowing the location of the dataset to investigate #1 if anyone can provide the path.

On #3 I've found a number of problems, including inproper CHMOD values on the moved domains. Timeouts when the domain has an existing backup in it's /home directory, or other tar.gz files in the domain. Out of 50+ domains moved 1 was lost entirely, several lost all of their subdomains.

It's late, I'm beat and probably left out a ton of info, but I will get to the bottom of this!

dadman

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dadman

dadman Member

After 4 days.....

This is what the problem was:

The domain was not pointed to my server.

Go friggin figure. Sorry to have wasted your time and mine!

I would still like to know where the mailman databases are kept if anyone has the answer!

dadman

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...