SOLVED The main domain of the server as the address of the mail servers.

Operating System & Version
CentOS 7
cPanel & WHM Version

peterk

Mar 22, 2019
Poland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

After recent problems with Let's Encrypt I have a problem with the addresses of the mail servers in the settings under "Connect Devices".
For each user, the main server domain is displayed there, instead of the main domain of the account (in format mail.accountmaindomanin.com).

All SSL certificates are properly installed, each user has his mail.accountmaindomanin.com domain with an SSL certificate installed. And these domains work properly if you configure your email client. But the main domain of the server appears in the settings.

I tried to reinstall the SSL certificates but it doesn't work, any idea to solve this problem? Maybe someone has had this issue before.

- Peter.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! As long as the mail.domain.tl subdomain in question is covered by a valid SSL certificate, it should show up under "Connect Devices".

Since troubleshooting this issue with you would require your domain name, which is the information we keep off of the forums for privacy, could you please use the link in my signature to open a support ticket? Once done, please provide me with the incident ID so I can keep this thread updated.

Thanks!

peterk

Mar 22, 2019
Poland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

The issue has already been resolved by technical support.
The problem was caused by file permissions in /var/cpanel/ssl/domain_tls/

Some files had permissions incorrectly 644 instead of 755.

The problem was solved by changing the permissions of all files in the directory to 755:

# chmod -R 755 /var/cpanel/ssl/domain_tls/*

- Peter