The MySQL server is currently offline. Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID xt85vm)

Operating System & Version
CENTOS 6.10
cPanel & WHM Version
v86.0.22

tapastech

Registered
Jun 29, 2020
Kolkata
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi I am trying to solve this issue last four days but unable to find any solution. I have consumed almost all articles but not found any solution
My issues is:

The MySQL server is currently offline.

And the error message is
Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID xt85vm) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID xt85vm) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.

As well as when trying to access through the SSH using

Code:
service mysqld start
getting an error

MySQL Daemon Failed to Start - centos 6

Also

When I type: mysql

I get:

Code:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Is anything related to mysql output in the error log when you try to restart it at: /var/log/messages

What if anything is noted in the MySQL error log? /var/lib/mysql/host.name.tld.err (this is the default location for it, but if it's not here you can find its location in /etc/my.cnf