The MySQL server is currently offline.

Dumitru

Registered
Nov 4, 2020
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when i try to access the MySQL Databases from cpanel:

The MySQL server is currently offline.
adminbin Cpanel/cpmysql/DBCACHE: exit 11

The errors from the /usr/local/cpanel/logs are

[2020-11-04 10:21:08 +0100] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request adminbin Cpanel/cpmysql/DBCACHE: exit 11: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[cpmysql] function=[DBCACHE]: set error in context mysql: raw_response=[{"mode":"simple","status":1,"statusmsg":"adminbin Cpanel/cpmysql/DBCACHE: exit 11","exit_code":2816,"error":1,"action":"run","version":"2.4","data":"","timeout":0}] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 120, <$socket> line 1.

[2020-11-04 10:21:08 +0100] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request error: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[cpmysql] function=[DBCACHE]: set error in context mysql: statusmsg=[adminbin Cpanel/cpmysql/DBCACHE: exit 11] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 129, <$socket> line 1.

Thank you

Attachments

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Yeah we have it as well. Downgraded Maria DB and it's o.k. for now.

Code:
yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel
Then lock it up until they have a fix:

Code:
yum install -y yum-plugin-versionlock && yum versionlock MariaDB-* && yum versionlock list

Reactions: AzeDK

Steini Petur

Apr 24, 2016
Iceland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hah wish i read this forum before I posted my thread, I got the same with 10.3.26

kincheng

Registered
Nov 5, 2020
Hong Kong
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I downgrade to 10.3.24, but it shows:
Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID afp3mv) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID afp3mv) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 437, <STDIN> line 1.

Then, I try to restart MySQL server, it shows:

Waiting for “mysql” to start ……………failed.

Cpanel::Exception::Services::StartError Service Status
undefined status from Cpanel::ServiceManager::Services::Mysql

Service Error
(XID r4rgeq) The “mysql” service failed to start.

Startup Log
Nov 05 16:24:04 whmhost.conceptsquares.com systemd[1]: Starting MariaDB 10.3.24 database server...
Nov 05 16:24:04 whmhost.conceptsquares.com mysqld[3175]: 2020-11-05 16:24:04 0 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.3.24-MariaDB) starting as process 3175 ...
Nov 05 16:24:05 whmhost.conceptsquares.com systemd[1]: mariadb.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 05 16:24:05 whmhost.conceptsquares.com systemd[1]: Failed to start MariaDB 10.3.24 database server.
Nov 05 16:24:05 whmhost.conceptsquares.com systemd[1]: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.
Nov 05 16:24:05 whmhost.conceptsquares.com systemd[1]: mariadb.service failed.

mysql has failed. Contact your system administrator if the service does not automagically recover.

Please help=[

Attachments

Steini Petur

Apr 24, 2016
Iceland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I downgrade to 10.3.24, but it shows:
Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID afp3mv) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to .......
Have you tried the basics starting with mv /etc/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf.bak and attempt to reboot your MySQL service mysql start

If that fails then maybe attempt the

/scripts/upcp --force and let it set up the latest cPanel release start to finish with --force.

It's just what has solved mysql issues for me int he past especially my.cnf it can be a bastard.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Reactions: eva2000

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We've updated the workaround here:

If you performed the version downgrade the article tells you the best way to proceed.
With downgrade the databases are working correctly. We need apply the mentioned guide or can I wait until cPanel solve the problem in next update?: Updating MariaDB to v10.2.35 or v10.3.26, causes MySQL Databases interface to show MySQL as offline.

How time will need for solve him?.

We host client's webs and need a correct solution for not broke nothing. Thank you very much.

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you also disable updates on the system, or at least the MariaDB updates? If so, nothing will change on the server and you can wait to perform updates until the issue is resolved.
I used this command:

Code:
yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel -y
This will disable MariaDB updates? or how can I do this?.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That will perform the downgrade, but will not keep a future upgrade from happening. We're actually no longer recommending the downgrade process, but following the steps outlined here: