The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The perl module File::Scan::ClamAV could not be installed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamun, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hamun

Hamun Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Lately,

I've been getting this email everyday. Wondering if someone can give me a hint of how to fix it. More in the email below.

Code:
    This module is required by cPanel, and the system may not function correctly until it is installed, and functional.  Below is the results of the auto-install attempt:

Test Run

==============

Possible unintended interpolation of @results in string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm line 143

Possible unintended interpolation of @results in string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm line 143.

Possible unintended interpolation of @results in string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm line 143.

Possible unintended interpolation of @return in string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm line 143.

File::Scan::ClamAV is not installed or broken (make sure not to trap this message, you should check for /File::Scan::ClamAV is installed/ as this message might not show if there is a symbol/object error).

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm has too many errors.

Compilation failed in require at - line 1.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at - line 1.

Thanks you.
    Hamun.

#1 Hamun, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  2. jyt123

jyt123 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi same problem here also:
    Possible unintended interpolation of @results in string at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/File/Scan/ClamAV.pm line 143

I know my server is out of date and there is no more support for WHM 11.30.6 (build 3)
    CENTOS 5.7 i686 standard but can I manage it myself and be safe with it, or I should just get a newer server with of course the same provider, I'm very happy with them.

Also how big can the blacklist file be for the cPHulk Brute force Protection?

#2 jyt123, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  3. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

As root try and install the module from cpan:

Code:
    root@gears [~]# cpan
    Terminal does not support AddHistory.
    cpan> install File::Scan::ClamAV
    This should be something you can troubleshoot pretty easily. I /would/ strongly recommend updating to the latest version of cPanel and even a x86_64 version to get access to more ram.

Thanks!

4. jyt123

jyt123 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    sorry it's been a while, I try the cpan install and it work! let's see if I'm getting those message again.

thanks!