cPanel & WHM Version
v92.0.12

ndtuong1312

Mar 26, 2021
Vietnam
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm trying to copy the account backup file between servers by creating a new custom additional destination and a new backup script using FTPSSL. My password is 100% correct but I got this message "Could not upload test file: 530 Login authentication failed".

Is the password being encrypted when passing it to the script file?

1617007161438.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The password doesn't get encrypted, but the whole connection is secured through SSL.

The best thing to do in this situation would be to check the logs of the resource you are trying to connect to and see if you can get more details there about what may be happening. If you are getting an "authentication failed" message, I would expect there to be some additional details on the destination side about that activity.

ndtuong1312

Mar 26, 2021
Vietnam
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The password doesn't get encrypted, but the whole connection is secured through SSL.

The best thing to do in this situation would be to check the logs of the resource you are trying to connect to and see if you can get more details there about what may be happening. If you are getting an "authentication failed" message, I would expect there to be some additional details on the destination side about that activity.
Hi, I printed the remote password to the log file when the backup script ran. It said that the password is undefined.2021-04-01_17-46-26.png
For more information, if I use the password directly to FTPSSL connection, everything is working fine, I am able to connect and back up to the remote server (but I do not want to send the password manually this way).

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Our team did check this and did not find anything obviously wrong with the custom script. We recommended continuing to work with the admin of the destination system to see if you can narrow down the authentication issues.

ndtuong1312

Mar 26, 2021
Vietnam
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Our team did check this and did not find anything obviously wrong with the custom script. We recommended continuing to work with the admin of the destination system to see if you can narrow down the authentication issues.
Hi team, I create a custom backup script base on the tutorial documents of Cpanel & WHM ( link ) and we added three variables $host, $user, $password as they said:
1617678586536.png
We used the library Net::FTPSSL to connect the remote server in this custom script. Below are two situations and the results when I try to connect the remote server by ftpes:
1. Use $password as the turotrial documents
1617678865945.png
It failed when validating this script. I checked the log and FTPES can read $host, $user, but $password is not.

2. Use a manual password
1617679087280.png

It was successful when I validated the script and I check the log, it is able to connect the remote server.

I wonder why $host, $user can be used easily but $password can not. I don't want to use manual password while I have configured it in the backup configuration.
This is a more detailed information about the current problem. Could you and your team have a look again?
Thanks.