The remote server returned an error: (503)

Muneef

Well-Known Member
Nov 4, 2020
59
4
8
Sri Lanka
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When I checked Mxtoolbox and SEO toolbox for my business I got an error message saying The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. pLease help me
 

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
7,519
1,027
313
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If there aren't any obvious DNS problems, it's likely the request made it properly to your server. The next area to check would be the Apache logs at /etc/apache2/logs/error_log to see if the request made it to your system, but was somehow rejected.
 

Muneef

Well-Known Member
Nov 4, 2020
59
4
8
Sri Lanka
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I got an error like this

server ~]# grep MaxRequestWorkers /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log | grep -v 'not at'
[Sun Nov 29 17:31:59.460559 2020] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 1537] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting
[Tue Dec 15 23:41:01.757848 2020] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 1355] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting
[Fri Mar 19 10:28:21.778787 2021] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 19278] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting
[Sun Jun 20 13:22:13.941315 2021] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 1523] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting
[Thu Jul 01 18:08:08.357847 2021] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 5316] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting
[Mon Sep 13 12:27:30.214507 2021] [mpm_prefork:error] [pid 1491] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting



I increase the MaxRequestWorkers 150 to 500
server limit : 256 to 1024
 

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
7,519
1,027
313
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Some of those errors are almost a year old, so it seems unlikely that specific issue would have happened at the exact time you were running your testing from the remote web tools.

If you're not able to find a solution, and the problem is still happening, feel free to submit a ticket to our team so we can examine this issue in real-time on the affected server.