The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by epaslv, Jun 23, 2014.

1. epaslv

epaslv Member

I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this but as of approx 2 weeks ago we have noticed this on three of our servers. After a reboot the websites of every account show up as follows

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The problem then seems to correct itself after 3-4 hours time. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest reviewing the Apache error log (/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log) to see if you notice any particular entries when the issue begins to happen.

Thank you.

3. epaslv

epaslv Member

Just an update

Yes what I have found is that Apache2/PHP is unable to read/stat files. See logs below
    Code:
    [Wed Jun 25 10:17:08.606670 2014] [:error] [pid 8613] [client 107.150.63.130:55182] script '/home/dreadn/public_html/index.php' not found or unable to stat
    [Wed Jun 25 10:17:12.501603 2014] [:error] [pid 8630] [client 146.0.74.212:39889] script '/home/cygnet/public_html/wp-login.php' not found or unable to stat
    [Wed Jun 25 10:50:54.890508 2014] [:error] [pid 576] [client 5.39.218.37:58957] script '/home/jambos/public_html/wp-login.php' not found or unable to stat
    This morning we had to have a number of servers rebooted due to the latest OpenVZ kernel exploit, and every one
    of those servers had the same problem straight after the reboot. I re-ran EasyApache, recompiled everything and this seems restore things.

I have a feeling that this may be an issue Jailed Apache, running Apache2.4.9, PHP5.4.29 IonCube, ModRuid2, Xcache 3.0.3

4. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    check whether file permissions are sufficient for the webuser access

5. Shazan

Shazan Member

I always experience this problem when I reboot one of my servers.
    It is not a permissions related issue, indeed, in order to fix it, I just disable and then enable the apache jail inside the tweek settings.
    So I am sure there's a bug related to the apache jail.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please feel free to open a support ticket if this issue is reproducible so we can take a closer look and open an internal case if necessary. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.