The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Root certificate, what should I use ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mpierre, Mar 18, 2003.

1. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

when CPanel/WHM is installed, a default self-signed certificate is installed for access CPanel / WHM securly, but also for secure POP access.

This means that everytime a user in Outlook takes his e-mail securly for the first time since opening Outlook, a security warning is issued.

The same warning is issued when accessing CPanel / WHM securly.

I would like to get rid of the warning for my users, by using a signed certificate. I realize that if I don't buy a wildcard certificate or if they don't use the server FQDN, they will still get the error, but at least, I would have a solution to their problem.

However, every certificate company seems to ask for identify verification, which will be displayed in the certificate.

This means that my resellers clients will also see my identity !!!

So, what should I do to get rid of the warning without revealing my identity to clients to my resellers ?

2. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

heh, I would just like to get my certificut installed.... followed all the directions on the forum and now i cant access the server securely at all. page cannot be found, anyways while i was browsing this morning trying to get it installed i'm pretty sure your resaler has an option of getting his own certificut installed via his whm controlpanel, which means, you could generate a fony cert. and install it in his manager...