The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The rules to follow

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by zboca, Oct 23, 2003.

1. zboca

zboca Member

Hi,

We've been creating a skin for cpanel for the past month. My goal was to change almost everything, and it came out just as that. The skin resembles sphera, and has some of our own things tied in such as a website builder, affiliate program, support references, and others. Now, what I'm curious about is what we need to be sure and include. As of right now, we have our company logo in the top right, and beside it says "Company Name Control Center". Can we do something like this, but have underneith it "Powered by CPanel", or anything to this effect? Or, do we even need to mention CPanel? I have no problem doing so, just want to make sure everything is included that should be.

Are there any other things I need to be aware of, so that we don't cross any paths with the Cpanel guys?

Thanks!

2. zboca

zboca Member

Anyone happen to know?

Zak

3. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

As far as a skin, I dont think there are any restrictions at all as to what you put (or omit).

4. zboca

zboca Member

So I don't have to even have Cpanel listed?

Zak

5. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

Dont think so

6. jkblaze

jkblaze Member

well i think your allowed to anyway because if you think ont here getting money from you to have Cpanel and as long as they get that there probably alright and i doubt webhosts will come to each other looking for a Cpanel when Cpanel is the most used control panel on the web everyone has heard its name.