The server failed to synchronize the system account’s mail because an error happened:

albatroz

Mar 6, 2003
Virtual Orbis / Peru
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I am trying to migrate a CPanel account (with 180GB of data)
from a VPS to a dedicated server but I am receiving this error message

The server failed to synchronize the system account’s mail because an error happened: (XID h6ce4z) The system terminated the execution of “/usr/bin/dsync -u citymedi backup -R -1 /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dsync_cpsrvd_client XXX.YYY.ZZZZ root ZUHXGWZF5WTF51YYKL4GYO8RW7MHYAOC [email protected]” because it exceeded its allowed time (1 hour).

According to this article in CPanel's KB rebrand.ly/dzitb
this issue should be solved disabling the Live Transfer option during transfer
but in my case that option was already disabled.

What should I do now?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You could use rsync or just increase the timeout before using the Transfer Tool, I think this can be done under Advanced settings. You probably have a LOT of emails and transferring those could be really slow. I would set it from 3600 to 36000.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I do like the plan of increasing the timeout, but it may be better to skip the home directory entirely inside the Transfer Tool. When you choose the accounts to transfer and click the Transfer Configuration option you can un-check the "Home Directory" box and that will ensure the account and databases get properly moved. Then, once that is complete, you can rsync /home/username between the two system to move that email. This may result in a bit better performance for such a large account, and if the connection does drop with rsync you can just start it over and it will only move the files it needs to, instead of needing to repeat the entire process.

I've attached a screenshot showing this option in the Transfer Tool interface:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 10.25.22 AM.png

Reactions: andrew.n