The service “memcached” appears to be down.

shahz

Registered
Mar 7, 2011
I just installed memcacheD on EasyApache 4 and enabled the extension for PHP7.1.

However, memcached keeps getting killed every now and then. I enabled tailwatchd and I keep getting these emails that I'm sharing below.

I'm very new to this and I'm keen to learn. Appreciate any help that I could get.

Attachments

shahz

Registered
Mar 7, 2011
Hi @shahz

When memcached crashes is anything output to the system log? You can see this here:
Code:
/var/log/messages
Thanks!
Hi @cPanelLauren there is no new messages file in that directory, the latest one is about a week ago. I've been tinkering with this ever since I started this ticket and I think I might have found out something.

While I get these emails from checkservd continuously, when I run the systemctl status memcached, it still shows as running:

Code:
[[email protected] ~]# systemctl status memcached
● memcached.service - Memcached
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/memcached.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-01-18 18:44:58 UTC; 2h 3min ago
 Main PID: 5512 (memcached)
   CGroup: /system.slice/memcached.service
           └─5512 /usr/bin/memcached -u nobody -p 11211 -m 1GB -c 1024 -l 127.0.0.1,::1
Maybe checkservd is looking for a different memcached instance? Probably the one based on the old PECL installed type?

I do understand that memcached is still in experimental PHP7.2, right?