Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

The service “memcached” appears to be down.

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by shahz, Jan 17, 2019.

1. shahz

shahz Registered

I just installed memcacheD on EasyApache 4 and enabled the extension for PHP7.1.

However, memcached keeps getting killed every now and then. I enabled tailwatchd and I keep getting these emails that I'm sharing below.

I'm very new to this and I'm keen to learn. Appreciate any help that I could get.

Attached Files:

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @shahz

When memcached crashes is anything output to the system log? You can see this here:
    Code:
    /var/log/messages
    Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shahz

shahz Registered

Hi @cPanelLauren there is no new messages file in that directory, the latest one is about a week ago. I've been tinkering with this ever since I started this ticket and I think I might have found out something.

While I get these emails from checkservd continuously, when I run the systemctl status memcached, it still shows as running:

Code:
    [root@shahz ~]# systemctl status memcached
    ● memcached.service - Memcached
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/memcached.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-01-18 18:44:58 UTC; 2h 3min ago
     Main PID: 5512 (memcached)
       CGroup: /system.slice/memcached.service
               └─5512 /usr/bin/memcached -u nobody -p 11211 -m 1GB -c 1024 -l 127.0.0.1,::1
    Maybe checkservd is looking for a different memcached instance? Probably the one based on the old PECL installed type?

I do understand that memcached is still in experimental PHP7.2, right?