Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

The site ahead contains malware

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by robwebdev, May 27, 2018.

1. robwebdev

robwebdev Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am getting that big glaring red warning screen in Chrome that the website is "malicious". That's not the case. Here's what I can see:

There is no valid ssl cert for the www version of the domain in my certificates. I can see in the cpanel UI that sure enough they are there for the normal mydomain.com and for mail.mydomain.com etc. but it is flat out missing the www.mydomain.com.

I've tried deleting the account in cpanel. Then recreating it. Still to no avail. I just changed the nameservers today.

Any solutions?

#1 robwebdev, May 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  2. robwebdev

robwebdev Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    (I am building a website for a client who dumped his last developer, but he did not say why) Just to clarify, google chrome is showing the red page and the first line of text is:

"The site ahead contains malware"...
    ... but i can access it without problem over mydomain.com and get the green "Secure" sign in the browser address bar ... it's only when i try to access the www version of the site that it comes up...

there are no files on the site ... there is nothing that could be malware ...

#2 robwebdev, May 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  3. robwebdev

robwebdev Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    actually I think I know what the problem is: my client has told me that the server administered by his previous webmaster was infected with malware. Sure enough, google thinks so. I've since verified the site with google's webmaster console by uploading a file. and then i requested a review.

Does anyone know: should I keep that domain name "off" my server? or should i be worried that my other domains on my server could suffer from being the "same neighborhood" with a PREVIOUSLY sketchy domain? just a thought ... thanks

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @robwebdev

It shouldn't affect your other domains and should be fine once it's been reviewed once more by google and the warning is removed.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...