The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Source Matrix 1.2 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rsaylor, Jan 26, 2004.

1. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

The Source Matrix 1.2 released today. TSM is a auto script installer that comes with 12 pre-installed ready to use PHP scripts. Future scripts will be offered as add-on's to the program.

For more info or to download this FREE program please visit http://www.thesourcematrix.com

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

3. haze

haze Well-Known Member

You probably should have posted this to the ad forums mate.

Your script looks interesting, however there are a couple things bugging me.

1. I read on your forum that you were thinking about charging for the product ( thats fine ) then it looks like you decided to not charge.. which is it?

2. In your forum you also state you plan to release updates and new scripts every 6 months. 6 months is a little overkill is it not? We've been using cpskins autoinstaller.. and William is usually really late when it comes to updates, even if critical.

Now, I think the hole auto installer thing adds great convenience to clients. However it also leaves us w/ a big headache. We've had client compromised as they are either 1. too lazy or 2. to unknowledgeable to update the scripts on their own as the updates were not provided. I see this as a big problem, and we're considering dropping auto installers all together. Is this something you might take into consideration? or is every 6 months a done deal?

4. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

Hi and thanks for the reply.

1. The program is free and will always be free. What I plan to do is create add-on's that will not be free for 2 months then release them as free.

2. Updates / critical updates will be free. I plan to work hard to keep the programs up to date. I know phpBB2 and a couple others have newer versions now sence I started working on this. Probally sometime next week I will have updates for those.

3. I also plan to make the upgrade for the scripts that have updates as easy as possibal. If a update is copy this, change this then will automate it. If the program comes with a upgrade utility I will re-direct the user to that.

Thank you for your comments, I know where you are comming from and being a webhost provider myself I plan to keep this as secure as possibal because my users will be using this also.

Robert