The SSH session has terminated with error. Reason: Error class: LocalSshDisconn, code: ConnectionLost, message:FlowSshTransport: received EOF

Operating System & Version
Win 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
cPanel & WHM Version
cPanel Version 86.0 (build 13) Apache Version 2.4.41

JeffSWiebe

Registered
Mar 11, 2020
Abbotsford
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
First attempts to SSH into host. Desired outcome is to install npm and Node previous to deploying web app. Tried BitVise client and PuTTY. No success.

SSH is enabled. I have set up and Authorized Public and Private SSH keys on cPanel. Port 2083.

I first tried connecting to [servername].[hostname.com], but I get

Connectionfailed. getaddrinfo() failed. Windows error 11001: No such host is known.

When trying Host [shared IP address] I get

The SSH session has terminated with error. Reason: Error class: LocalSshDisconn, code: ConnectionLost, message:FlowSshTransport: received EOF

I am using my correct login Username and Password. kbdi fallback is Enabled and at Default.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If SSH itself isn't working properly that would indicate a problem at a deeper level than the cPanel software, as we don't control the SSH service. If you can access SSH through another method, such as from the parent server, external control panel, or the WHM >> Terminal application, you may be able to check the /var/log/secure file to see if there are any errors there about the SSH service. Otherwise, I would recommend speaking with the hosting provider or datacenter to have them check the firewall settings both on and outside the machine.

Reactions: JeffSWiebe