The system encountered an error during the attempt to restore the file. For details, check this error log, or contact your hosting provider

greektranslator

Jun 5, 2011
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I tried to restore a folder from WHM and when I clicked the restore button I got:

Error: The system encountered an error during the attempt to restore the file. For details, check this error log, or contact your hosting provider: /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

Checking the log I see:

Code:
The system detected problems when it tried to restore the “/backup/weekly/2020-11-29/accounts/[PATHREMOVED].tar.gz” backup for the “/home/[PATHREMOVED]” file. “The backup writing process returned errors while working with “[PATHREMOVED]/homedir/symfony/var/cache”.
The arguments for the writing process were ( --extract -z --no-same-owner --preserve-permissions --no-wildcards --no-unquote --file - --no-wildcards-match-slash --strip=2 --sparse --blocking-factor 200 --directory /home/[PATHREMOVED] -- [PATHREMOVED]/homedir/symfony/var/cache ).
The arguments for the reading prcoess were ( --create --file - --no-wildcards-match-slash --sparse --blocking-factor 200 --directory [PATHREMOVED]/homedir/symfony/var/ -- cache )
Errors:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/usr/bin/gtar: symfony/var/cache/dev/ContainerLvRcQ4j: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
/usr/bin/gtar: symfony/var/cache/dev/twig/24: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

/usr/bin/gtar: symfony/var/cache/dev/pools/OxQOHjqlNu/X/N: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is it from an off-site or local backup?
Did the backup made on this server?
How are the permissions of that symfony folder?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Interesting and even that symfony folder was restored successfully?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! When I have seen this issue in the past, it's always been a problem with permissions or ownership. Can you make sure everything has the correct permissions on the cPanel account? You may want to run a command similar to this:

Code:
find /home/username/public_html/ ! -user username
to find files that aren't owned by the user.