Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

The Thread by rpmws: AOL Blocking Port 25.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdraco, Apr 3, 2002.

1. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I think deleted the thread .. sorry .. just meant to edit my post :((((
    --
    Anyways.. Update cpanel, go into service manager and use the new option to run another copy of exim on another port.

2. purplep

purplep Well-Known Member

i did this but exim-26 is showing as failed. cannot get it to start up.

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

[quote:6e18b2b5fc][i:6e18b2b5fc]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:6e18b2b5fc]

I think deleted the thread .. sorry .. just meant to edit my post :((((
    --
    Anyways.. Update cpanel, go into service manager and use the new option to run another copy of exim on another port.

[/quote:6e18b2b5fc]

Above and beyond as always!!!!! :) thank you NIck ..I haven't tried it yet but I know it will work ..just the effort to do that is far beyond your call man. Thank YOU!!!!

Nope the thread is still there ..just hard to find.
    http://support.cpanel.net/obb//read.php?TID=2452

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I tried it for port 26 and get this.
    exim-26 failed @ Wed Apr 3 17:12:56 2002. A restart was attempted automagicly.

Doesn't respond to that port either ..what are we missing Nick?? this will be great if we get it to work!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Brad

Brad Well-Known Member

Yes!

Again, another reason that Cpanel rocks!!

[quote:4394840e05]

Above and beyond as always!!!!! :) thank you NIck ..I haven't tried it yet but I know it will work ..just the effort to do that is far beyond your call man. Thank YOU!!!!

Nope the thread is still there ..just hard to find.
    http://support.cpanel.net/obb//read.php?TID=2452[/quote:4394840e05]

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:02bc4c903c][i:02bc4c903c]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:02bc4c903c]

I tried it for port 26 and get this.
    exim-26 failed @ Wed Apr 3 17:12:56 2002. A restart was attempted automagicly.

Doesn't respond to that port either ..what are we missing Nick?? this will be great if we get it to work!!![/quote:02bc4c903c]

Sorry.. forgot to commit the code to actually turn it on :).. try updating to build 41

7. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Ok..I moved to 41 and saved the settings. I used port 26 and can't connect either locally or through ISP. Chkservd also tries to restart again like before. What am I doing wrong man???

8. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Nick !! Nice Job man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have it working ..I tried port 26 from inside the server and it said hello which told me the NOC was blocking it. We opened up a higher port for this kind of thing and it works fine now !!! Thanks a million Nick!!!! great feature and in about 3 hours from the time I even mention it!!! :)

9. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

One quick question.. I opened it up for port 26 and then that higher port we use now for this at the noc. Now I can access smtp for 25,26 and the higher one. How can I remove the port 26 now? is there a file I can edit?

10. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

I would imagine the service manager in WHM, I think he mentioned that was where this was going to be controlled earlier in the thread.

I haven't switched this on yet for any purpose so I might be wrong..........

you can kill it via the command line too of course.

11. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

[quote:e61805257b][i:e61805257b]Originally posted by feanor[/i:e61805257b]

I would imagine the service manager in WHM, I think he mentioned that was where this was going to be controlled earlier in the thread.

I haven't switched this on yet for any purpose so I might be wrong..........

you can kill it via the command line too of course.
    [/quote:e61805257b]

Well what I did was uncheck it and &save& then I changed it to another port that now works ..but the old port is still open. How would I fix that?