The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The truth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thevoices, Aug 24, 2006.

1. thevoices

thevoices Member

I have searched these forums about the feature aging and I see its being reported as inoperable in alot of these. Can I get confirmation is this feature nonfunctional?

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    "feature aging"? What's that? Do you mean the email aging? I don't think it works with maildir, but not sure. It's not hard to write yourself though with maildir as each messae is stored in a separate file, just do an appropriate find script ... this one will do it if run from cron, will expire email that has been read after 30 days ...

Code:
    cd /home
    find . -name cur -type d |
    while read maildir
    do
       case $maildir in
       */mail/*/new) ;;
       *) continue ;;
       esac

find $maildir -mtime +30 -print | xargs rm -f
    done

3. thevoices

thevoices Member

brianoz;

Thanks for the suggestion yes adding a find script would work very nicely, accept we are not wanting to run this server wide. We have a very small handful of customers that would like to use the feature giving them this code isnt going to be a good solution as most of the people who want this wouldnt know how to even input the simple shell script. I just wanted some confirmation that this feature is disfunctional.

4. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you want the feature for them, just put it in a shell script and make it available system wide, then call it from their own crontab - a one line entry there! (just delete the "cd /home" at the start).