The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme Change after Upgrade

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Antonimo, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Antonimo

Antonimo Registered

I presume that our cPanel has been automatically updated to the latest release.

The <title> on the cPanel login pages has changed from what he had previously. Can anybody explain why this happened?

2. Antonimo

Antonimo Registered

Funny!

Dosen't anybody ni these forum know anything about the cPanel themes? I find that difficult to believe considering it is the very first thing that you see before you log in.

I replaced the default theme and it has changed again. If there is one bright spark out there, can you tell me if there is a setting in the WHM to prevent the theme from changing?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not me, I see a popup asking for my password. :p

Top of left menu in WHM, type in the word theme, in the results click Universal Theme Manager In here you can clone a theme then edit the way you want. Next, set your new theme to be your default theme.

Universal Theme Manager

Each and every single update to cPanel, it updates/refreshes theme files. AFAIK, it won't bother with your cloned theme.

HTH

4. JordiCS

JordiCS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For having a customized login theme, you must clone a cpanel login theme on Universal Theme Manager, as Infopro explained. Download it, change it as you want, and upload it. After that, on Tweak settings go to "Display", "The login theme to display for cPanel login", and enter the name of your customized login theme. This way your login theme will not be overwritten every time there is a cPanel upgrade.

#4 JordiCS, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. mambovince

mambovince Well-Known Member

None of these methods seems to work for a VPS
    The default theme name is coreectly st in tweak settings, but the VPS optimized logo is still there :-(

Thanks for any advice.

- Vince

6. JordiCS

JordiCS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can change the cPanel logo on all your cPanel pages for a custom/cloned theme on WHM --> Branding, clicking on "Live editor" at the right of your cloned theme. Then choose the style you want to edit and below it click on "Edit this style", and then click on "Edit logos".

At the bottom of that page you'll find a cPanel logo and a form to upload a new one. If you already have a standard cPanel logo on your computer, usually named "top-logo.png", rename it as "top-logo_vps2.png" and upload it.

If at the bottom of that page you find not only one form, but three with three logos (1. standard, 2. accelerated, 3. optimized), upload the same your standard cPanel logo renamed as "top-logo_vps2.png" through the first form.

I think something is not working here as it should, but with this workarounds I've been able to change the logo for my custom theme.

Note: this only applies to the pages inside cPanel, not to the login pages. Anyway, I don't see on the login page any "VPS optimized" logo but the standard cPanel logo as a background image.

Regards,