The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme problems....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Sep 28, 2007.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Since upgrading to cpanel11 we have come across a few issues with customers themes changing without them doing anything.

Most recently the customer complained that she only had one icon in cpanel. I took a look and confirmed this - then I went to the Xskin migration wizard in WHM and noticed her username listed but with no theme name next to it. I hit the migrate button and her theme went back to x3 as normal.

On other occasions the customers have reverted back to the old cpanelx theme, again without performing any action to do so. We dont allow them to change the themes.

The issue has happened on several servers - I'd put the total number of incidents of this nature at around 7 or 8 in the last couple of months.

Having not found any threads on this I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon and whether it is worth submitting a bug report.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is at least one report on this forum regarding using the X Migration tool and 3rdparty skins. It involved upgrading from cPanel 10 where the accounts were assigned a third party skin. Using the X Migration tool changed the skin for the afflicted accounts to "undefined". Checking the /var/cpanel/users/user file showed the RS entry was blank (e.g. RS= instead of RS=x3).

As to what you describe, this is the first report I've read (i.e. random changes). In the cPanel 10, were the afflicted users using the X theme, or a different one (if you can recall, that is)?

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

In this case, all the affected customers had been transferred to new servers where the default skin is X3 and the packages have been configured with X3 as their skin.

In /var/cpanel/users however, it is likely that the skins for these users will be listed as "rvblue" because the old servers were running rvskin.

I would guess that this may be the cause of the problem, even though logically, cpanel is designed to switch them to the default skin if the skin in their user file can not be found.

I would be inclined to suggest this is some kind of bug - of course a simple find and replace on /var/cpanel/users will probably fix the issue permanently for us.

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you could verify the values for RS are indeed incorrect, that gives me something specific to look for.

When you transferred, the accounts, did you also transfer the packages, or did you create the packages fresh on the 'new' server?

Also, if any users are still experiencing the problem, what is the contents of their /home/user/.cpanel/nvdata/brandingpkg file?