The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themes keep coming back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Dec 6, 2007.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If I delete cpanel themes using the "universal theme manager" they come back again after a cpanel update. Is there a way of making sure the unwanted themes dont get re-installed ?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Which themes keep returning, and what is your cPanel version number?

On 11.15.0-C18347 I removed the x2 theme using the Universal Theme Manager. AFter that, I executed /scripts/upp Once it completed, I reloaded WHM and entered the cPanel Themes in the Universal Theme Manager. x2 was not present.

EDIT:

Tried a /scripts/upcp --force update and the theme returned

#2 cPanelKenneth, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi Kenneth,

We removed all the themes except x3 and x3mail about a month ago - on 30 servers.

In our day to day managment of the servers it has been noted that the themes have returned, so if we see them we have just been removing them again. But I noticed some I deleted only the other day have returned so I created this forum thread.

This morning I asked a member of staff to check on all servers to find out what themes have returned after being deleted and she said that on ALL our servers, ALL the themes are installed.

upcp --force is something that we use very rarely and I would suggest in the last month we may only have performed this on a couple of servers.

We are running the latest RELEASE build on all servers - auto updated.

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Based upon the preliminary testing, it appears the Universal Theme manager does not save the changes made (at least for theme removals) in an type of permanent location, such as a preferences file. Hence when performing a forced update, the changes are ignored.

A post-upcp script could be used to removal the unwanted theme(s). This is likely the only work around until and if this matter is resolved.

5. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Thats fine - except that we rarely use a forced update and the themes come back anyway.