The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

there is no option to remove the old IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ed.kalk, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ed.kalk

ed.kalk Well-Known Member

:confused:

I have finished migrating everything off of the old IP and now am ready to delete the old IP.

After going to the, Main >> IP Functions >> Show or Delete Current IP Addresses, I was expecting to see the remove link next the the old IP. It was not there...?!? There was an option to remove the new IP even though everything is running on it... not good.

How do I remove the old IP?
    Should the New IP not allow me to remove it, like the old one is doing now that it is in use?

2. ed.kalk

ed.kalk Well-Known Member

Fixed!

Turns out that you are not supposed to remove the Main IP without first updateing your cpanel license. there is a company that is listed as a provider of that license and they have to update the IP associated with it.

Make sure your main IP is still having authorized for cPanel: http://verify.cpanel.net/

After that, the IP can be switched in command line by altering the config for eth1.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

first, however, I had to drop the ailasis (eth1:1) by stopping the ailasis service.