The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is no website configured at this address.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anja, Mar 19, 2004.

1. anja

anja Registered

"There is no website configured at this address." is the only thing that shows up whenever I try to access my domain at http://nirnaeth.org

I read about it in an earlier thread here, which said that I should edit the httpd.conf file, but I have no idea where that file is located. Could anyone explain this to me?

Yeah, I'm not very experienced at this area. I just really want my domain to work again.

2. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

Because you mentioned I want it to work again, did it work before? What changes did you make?

3. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Do you have root or whm access to the server, or are you with a hosting company?

4. anja

anja Registered

Yes, it did work earlier. This happened some weeks ago, but I've been traveling for some time, and I haven't had the time to check out the problem. I can't recall doing any changes. I just refreshed the page, and there the message was.

I'm with a hosting company, infliction.net
    I've tried to get help there, but I'm unable to reach the webmaster.

#4 anja, Mar 19, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  5. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

The company your hosted at would be the ones to fix this. To edit the http.conf file.. u need Root Shell Access.

6. vwiley1

vwiley1 Well-Known Member

If you can not contact the webmaster for your hosting company, I would move on to a hosting company who actually provides support. Sometimes price is not always the important thing when making decisions in life, the important thing is that the company is going to support there product or service.

7. vwiley1

vwiley1 Well-Known Member

I never heard of infliction.net but it does not mean they are not a good company. If you are contacting your webmaster, and not the support department at infliction, you should redirect your problem to them ASAP. Any good hosting company will promptly help there customer in times of need.

In my last post I figured you meant the webmaster at infliction.net, if I was wrong I apologize. If not than my last post still holds true.

EDIT
    -------------
    Checked out infliction.net and there price exactly as they state it is: It's f****g free.

Not to be disrespectful to companies who provide free hosting, but I have found through experience that support tickets are not a priority for these types of companies. How hard would you be willing to work for your customer if you barely made a profit, or no money at all.

#7 vwiley1, Mar 20, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  8. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Your getting that because your domain is not resolving. If you fixed DNS maybe it would be working. Trying to access a site thats not resolving, DNS, will display that screen.

9. Setheronie12

Setheronie12 Well-Known Member

Yea,

Well if you need a good Web Host With Great Support drop by The Olddh Webhosting www.olddh.com .

Seth

10. Steve-PWH

Steve-PWH Well-Known Member

These are not advertizing forums, There are lots of GOOD hosts on the forum.

11. Steve-PWH

Steve-PWH Well-Known Member

I had a look at infliction.net

made me chuckle

12. bikersraw

bikersraw Active Member

ya most of the sites he lists as customers dont have functioning websites either