The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think my hosting company did a botched cPanel/WHM Install...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gpreston, Jun 14, 2005.

1. gpreston

gpreston Well-Known Member

I recently had a customer complain about not being able to access the secure portion of their cPanel account via

https://www.theirsite.com/cpanel/
    or
    https://www.theirsite.com:2083/

They are able to access the normal unsecure version of cPanel though. I went and looked at /var/log/cpanel-install-thread0.log and thread1.log and saw this at the end of thread1.log:

I don't think our cPanel/WHM install actually finished successfully. Unfortunately, this is really the first time its been brought to my attention. What can I do to verify that this is the case? Also, what can I check to see what else may have not been completed since the install script apparently errored out at some point. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

Usually /scripts/upcp --force will fix most issues. You should also run sysup, too to ensure all the necessary packages are installed.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Afer you have done as Blue|Fusion suggests, if you are still having the problem, post the output from:

netstat -lpn

4. gpreston

gpreston Well-Known Member

Ran the update script through the WHM web interface and after it finished I was able to use HTTPS to access both cPanel and WHM. So I think that it went through and fixed everything that may have been missed the first time. *crosses fingers*