The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of tossing Ensim for Cpanel/WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mm1250, Nov 20, 2006.

1. mm1250

mm1250 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I'm thinking of tossing Ensim X and going to Cpanel for my hosting business. I've been with Ensim since Version 2 and I'm a little hesitant of switching.

I remember back in 2002-03 Cpanel was very very buggy and had lots of problems. Is this still a issue with Cpanel/WHM.

Cpanel seems to have so many features than Ensim but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice as transferring all these sites isn't going to be a overnight thing.

Anyone suggest if I should switch? I pretty much know the benefits but I am interested in the CONS of switching. I know Ensim, for example, allows same email usernames to be created on different sites. Does Cpanel have this or do you have to setup aliases and whatnot? All suggestions are greatly appricated.

Also, are there any new developments of Cpanel that I should just wait for vs. switching now and than upgrading again within a few months. IF so I would rather wait for the new version than switch.

Thanks in advance.

#1 mm1250, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  2. mm1250

mm1250 Well-Known Member

3. mm1250

mm1250 Well-Known Member

?? :( Was hoping for a reply

4. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

I haven't used Ensim recently, so can't really give pro's/cons.

However, since you know your own requirements better than anyone else, its probably a good idea if you try out cpanel before you fully commit to it.

A cheap option may be to get a Cpanel VPS account to play around with, and then make the switch when you're happy.

In terms of waiting, I don't see any reason why you can't move across now. Upgrades to newer versions of cPanel are usually pretty straightforward, so you can probably start with the Stable release, & upgrade once you're confident enough - version 11.0 of cPanel is just around the corner.

To help with the initial configuration of your cpanel servers, you'd probably be best to take on the services of a server admin to help. configserver.com do a pretty good job at a reasonable price.

5. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Ran Ensim up until ver 4

Dummped it finally got sick of it

but is was a no brainer as was running both Ensim & Cpanel at the time

pros of Ensim
    none

cons
    updates a nightmare