The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This feature is not available while logged in with root override

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by benz1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. benz1

benz1 Member

I know you can't access phpmyadmin & Fantastico, etc, when logged into cpanel via WHM, and I know that you can access phpmyadmin from WHM, but how do you log into cpanel for the root account without using the root password so as to be able to access phpmyadmin and Fantastico?

I'm sure I used to be able to do this with previous hosts but can't with the current one. Is there a setting in WHM that will override this?

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello benz1,

The root user cannot log into cPanel as that user does not have a cPanel account. The root user logs into WHM. There has to be a created cPanel user to log into cPanel, while root user is an administrative (not cPanel) user.

For Fantastico, you'd manage it in WHM > Plugins area as the root user in WHM.

If there's a cPanel account setup for Fantastico, that account would have a user created for it, not the root user. Root user cannot and will not have a root / password login for cPanel. Root is only for WHM. Additionally, PhpMyAdmin is managed in WHM only for the root user.

Thanks.

3. benz1

benz1 Member

Thanks Tristan, you're correct. I was getting confused between the account with the same name as the server but of course, it is a separate account with a separate password so once I logged in with that and not the root password all was fine.

benz1