The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THIS IS CRAZY!! Register_globals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garynuman, Jan 8, 2005.

1. garynuman

garynuman Registered

Ok. I host a site on a server that my friend rents from a company. He is supposed to have a dedicated server. He does not have shell access. I have cpanel access for the site and cpanel access for the server. The company have recently upgraded to to php rc1 *** release and register_globals is now off whereas before it was on and all was fine.

I kNOW that I need globals to be on. I WANT globals to be on. THE COMPANY says it wont do it cos of security issues. Why do it in the first place then! Also, if we rent a dedicated server surely any security issue is our problem cos nobody else will be affected?

So, please can someone tell me how to bypass default php.ini settings through maybe .htaccess file or the like. I have tried exmples on various posts in this forum but just keep getting the standard 500 internal error stuff.

Mad client. Mad wife. Mad me.

Cheers people.

2. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

Put this in .htaccess and put into public_html:

3. philb

philb Well-Known Member

Does not compute! Sounds like he has a reseller account without root priveleges - if he has the server to himself I figure it still technically counts as a dedicated server but still - seems a bit odd.