The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is Getting Ridiculous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtlantisService, Jul 29, 2007.

1. AtlantisService

AtlantisService Active Member

Date* Stage 1 Stage 2
    May 2, 2007 CURRENT
    May 18, 2007 EDGE**
    June 5, 2007 RELEASE
    July 31, 2007 CURRENT
    August 8, 2007 STABLE
    August 14, 2007 RELEASE
    August 29, 2007 STABLE

I'm betting that these dates get bushed back, yet again. We'll see Apache 2, once Apache 3 reaches official beta or stable stage (now currently in alpha).

2. Halcy0n

Halcy0n Member

3. DReade83

DReade83 Well-Known Member

I need to quote what was quoted by one of the staff in a previous post about working on cPanel around the clock to get Stage 2 out. I have never noticed any new updates on the Layer 2 download page over the weekend, suggesting the cPanel staff get the weekend off. Fair enough we all need a break, but "working around the clock" suggests to me developers are working in shift patterns, 24 hours a day 7 days a week to get the job done.

However noticing no updates over the weekend suggests this is untrue.

So, what do I think? I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again. :mad:

4. AtlantisService

I want to fully express myself and say that this thread was not and is not intended to disrespect the many hard working coders who DO in fact put their heart and soul into Cpanel.

Rather it is to prove a simple point, that if you are going to announce a release date... You should at least do so knowing that you are indeed close to that day. Yes, pushing the date back a few times can be expected and even understandable. But there are limits to this. We've been told for little over 1yr that Apache 2 was coming to Cpanel. I think this above all is what "most" of everyone is waiting for.

5. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Member

Their going to miss it. I hope I am wrong though.

6. Vizzi

Vizzi Member

Apache 3? try Apache 3.2, or even Apache 4, at the rate they're going, Windows Vista SP1 will be out before Stage 2 hits Current.

7. dr_lucas

dr_lucas Active Member

Apache 2 support is of course my most anticipated feature, and I've been counting the days until stage 2 gets current (ie. July 31st, tomorrow), hope not to be disappointed.

8. DReade83

cPanel.. Are you having a laugh...?

May 2, 2007 CURRENT
    May 18, 2007 EDGE**
    June 5, 2007 RELEASE
    August 8, 2007 STABLE
    August 14, 2007 CURRENT
    August 29, 2007 RELEASE
    TBD STABLE

Judging by what people have been saying, by the time you finally get round to releasing Stage 2, Apache 3 will be out, or at least at Beta stage.

This is beyond a joke.

If you're not able to meet your deadlines, may I suggest you hire more developers! Otherwise stop posting release dates you simply can't meet and keep missing. It's making you look stupid!

Yeah we appreciate software that works, but the deadline has been missed and changed 6+ times now!!

At least post something in the forums everytime you change the deadline with an explanation as to why it's been missed and changed. That way we can understand why perhaps!

9. DReade83

The day before the release is 'meant' to happen and it's changed.

Ah well, another 2 week wait to be let down again!

10. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Basically if QA finds anything wrong with it the day before release it gets pulled. In this case it was pulled because if you chattr +i a file in /home/cpeasyapache caused it to crash and be unable to restore you apache config to a working state.

#10 cPanelNick, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  11. rapidot

rapidot Active Member

If that's the only reason I'd say bring it on. You'll be putting it in Current, not Stable right?

12. Krownet

Krownet Active Member

Hello All,

Okay, so I've been kind of annoyed at this for a while, but I've finally had enough. Why has "Stage 2" of cPanel 11 been delayed so long? Everytime I look at it, it's backed up another week or two. I'm talking about the Current Release Tree here.

This morning, Stage 2 was to be released tomorrow. Now Stage 2 is being released on August 14th. And on August 13th, I bet it will be pushed back to August 30th or farther. This is not the first pushback, this is one of the many (I've lost count).

Why is it getting pushed back? I know you want a stable product, but how many of you are working on this thing? Many have been asking for Apache 2 for a long time now, and you keep delaying the release. These setbacks are enough to make me want to move to another panel which has supported Apache 2.x for a while.

If you aren't going to release cPanel 11 in it's entirty, at least release EasyApache 3, or whatever version it is now.

What really ticks me off is the pushing back of the date. I don't mind waiting if I know when it will be released. If the product is 3 months away.. SAY THAT. Don't say "1 week away" then 6 days later "another 2 weeks away" and so on.

That's my little rant for the moment.

Cheers,
    Brian

13. Vizzi

Vizzi Member

Dear CPanel,
    You better add Apache 3 support now, because by the time you finally finish Stage 2, Apache 3 will be a stable release and Apache 4 will be in beta.

Vizzi.

14. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

many of us are already running apache3 and it gets installed using HardlyApacheEasy101 script. It's available now in the AREUNUTS2 builds :)

15. OMP

OMP Member

Wow.... another delay.

This is becoming very very very disappointing.
    :confused:

16. Vizzi

Vizzi Member

Does Plesk support Apache2? I might switch.

17. merlinpa1969

merlinpa1969 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yepp it does,

bye...

Just out of curiosity how many of you folks that are complaining actually code?

18. rapidot

rapidot Active Member

I code, and that's the reason I haven't complained TOO much. I've just made it known that I understand a solid product DOES take time to build. HOWEVER, I am also in business and realize customer service, and pleasing my customers is a necessity.

My honest feeling is they are short staffed. Regardless, I know when they finally release it we will have a solid stable product.

19. AtlantisService

I would speak for yourself. Apache3 is VERY unstable. It being only in ALPHA builds and not an official beta. It can't even be found on the main Apache site. :rolleyes:

20. trhosting.net

trhosting.net Well-Known Member

We waited it for years and still waiting for it.
    If there will be some basic problems or bugs when it released, then there will be a huge response from customers and this will be the start of the end for cPanel :)