The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threads Open To Public?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orty, Jun 10, 2008.

1. orty

orty Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While I like the idea of having a private forum, I'd love to be able to use Google to search this forum (as the search tools in this forum, while powerful, aren't as smart as google in my humble opinion).

Is there an official stance somewhere as to why these forums are private? I obviously see pros/cons on both sides, but just figured I'd ask.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We've gone that route before, however it turned out to require 2+ full time people to combat the spam.

3. orty

orty Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    (Note I say this as somebody who has never ran a forum this size...so pardon my ignorance.)

They still need to register to post, right? Just like they do now. How would making it public to search engines make it more of a target for spam? Just because of the increased exposure?

If it requires more man power, than forget it, was just curious, as I've had to copy useful stuff on my own personal blog that I'd rather just link to in the forums. And it'd be nice to have this treasure trove of info indexed by Google, as it'd make it easier for me to find answers to frequently asked stuff.

Just my two cents... :)

#3 orty, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008