The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timeout errors for cPanel JSON-API requests

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by jdelsman, Nov 30, 2009.

1. jdelsman

jdelsman Registered

I'm actually getting the same issues. It doesn't even matter if a server has zero load. I will still randomly get timeout errors for cPanel JSON-API requests, which leads me to believe its an underlying server problem.

I'm getting SYN_SENT, but no response from the server:

Code:
    tcp        0      1 x.x.x.x:60289        x.x.x.x:2087           SYN_SENT
    Not exactly sure why this is. Are there any settings we should tweak? The request above times out after about 180 seconds, which is obviously way too long to have to wait for a simple request to a server. The request above was to suspend an account, which should only take a few seconds at most.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Re: Connection timed-out when using XML-API

Moderator Note: Please do not resurrect ancient threads; the thread is more than 2 years old and the last post was in 2007. I will separate your post into a new thread as it also relates to using the JSON-API (versus the XML-API).

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What is the full cPanel version number of the system this was experienced on?

Was the request submitted locally via the same system it was destined for, or was it submitted remotely via a different system?

What was the specific JSON-API function and request (albeit munged if needed)?

Is there any indication of receipt or log entries in the cPanel access_log or error_log?

For additional verbose detail in the error_log, I suggest using the API Call Tracer as available from our documentation site: Development Downloads