The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timeout when opening 'MySQL Databases' screen in cPanel

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by bluefrontier, Dec 18, 2014.

1. bluefrontier

bluefrontier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On one of my WHM servers, a database was deleted from the 'MySQL Databases' screen in a cPanel account, the operation timed out and since then there is a timeout whenever trying to access the 'MySQL Databases' screen withing the user's cPanel and no databases or users are listed.

This is only happening for a single user, all other cPanels are behaving correctly. The databases in the effected user's account are visible in PHPMyAdmin and from the various MySQL management screens in WHM

Can anyone advise on a fix for this? I have tried a restart of the MySQL and a full reboot of the server. I have a full backup of the /var/lib/mysql folder available from prior to the problem. I have also tried remapping a database and database user back to the 'account' user.

Details of steps leading up to the problem:
    Multiple databases in the cPanel for user 'account'
    e.g. account_13_db, account_14_db, account_14_dba, account_15, account_15_db

The database which was deleted was named 'account' (no suffix) and was empty (0.00 MB in size)
    The delete operation timed out and from then on the timeout has been occuring on the 'MySQL Databases' screen

Regards,
    Tim.

2. bluefrontier

bluefrontier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHM 11.44.1.23
    MySQL 5.5.40-cll

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any error messages in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when accessing the "MySQL Databases" option in cPanel for this account?

Thank you.