Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

TLS connections refused (intermittently) after v80.0.13 update

Discussion in 'Security' started by PeteS, Jun 6, 2019.

1. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

My server updated to v80.0.13 last night. This afternoon I suddenly could not FTP, and while troubleshooting that, I noticed email could not connect and was stalling at TLS. I also saw the same thing trying to log in to WHM (stalling at TLS), but it eventually connected and then seemed fine (as did email and FTP).

I found no services down when I checked afterward. I will post back if I find anything in logs. I'm wondering is a service went down and then was restarted. (Probably unrelated, but it reminds me of SOLVED - [CPANEL-24832] Multiple service failure reports for cpsrvd, IMAP, and Exim but different a service(s) which is said to be fixed in v80.)

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar.

-Pete

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @PeteS

A lot of times to see when a service or services restarted I'll use ps to see how long it's been up and correlate that to events on the server:

For example:

Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# ps faux |grep cpsrv[d]
    root      1016  0.0  0.0  25928  3020 ?        S    Apr25  21:43 cpsrvd (SSL) - dormant mode - accepting connections
    Apr 25 is the last time this process restarted on my test server

If i just restarted it or it's restarted today I'll get the time as the output:

Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# ps faux |grep cpsrv[d]
    root     36091  0.0  0.0 129512  3032 ?        S    13:18   0:00 cpsrvd (SSL) - dormant mode - accepting connection

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks, but in this case I found that nothing had restarted since several hours prior to the event. I also found nothing (restarts, failures, or things FTP related) helpful in journalctl around the time of the event.

If it was a fluke, I sure can't find where it happened, but if it's related to the update I thought it would be good to start this thread.

-Pete

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Understandable, I haven't heard this kind of behavior being reported, but if it continues you may want to open a ticket so we can look into it further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...