tls not required but asked for

newtoallthis

Dec 1, 2008
not sure exactly what ive done but........

i enabled tls for domain in outlook....the certificate was a self signed one for the server name...outlook kept asking for me to trust it even though i installed it as trusted but still kept asking me to trust every time i sent email so i wanted to to disable sll email which i did by selecting none for encryption type for smtp. But now the server wont let me connect without using TLS, if i select none i cant send because outlook says the server doesnt support that type of authentication. So now sure whats changed on the server but its not a local issue because it happens wherever i try to send from. How can i enable the server through whm/cpanel to allow non/ssl email?
tx.

newtoallthis

Dec 1, 2008
yes they are correct but to make sure it wasnt a local setting i used a machine that was unchanged from before this happened and i got the same error but tx for the reply anyway. I also switched ports and got the same result.

newtoallthis

Dec 1, 2008
the only thing i did was try generating a certificate via whm for the domain name to use instead of the server name but i never used it and then deleted it via cpanel. But for sure its a server issue as it does it from different machines but it may not be whm related. I guess there may be a problem with the apache config files after i generated a different certificate but not techy enough to know. :(