Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMP directory delete

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maria1986, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. maria1986

maria1986 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Dear supporters,

My data quotum is reached, and now im trying to clear out of bit memory.
    A lot of memory is taken by the tmp. directory. But when I open it I can't see a file that takes the memory, alle files have a size of 0.

My question is: how can I clear the tmp file?

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

You will want to make sure to say 'disk space' and not 'memory' as they are completely different and will cause some confusion :)

The tmp file, you are more than likely referring to the /tmp folder which usually grows if you have statistics enabled like awstats, analog, etc.

To narrow down the usage, go into cPanel and click the "Disk Usage" icon, then scroll down to you see the tree. Sort it by size.

Then click the + signs next to the folders to break them down more and more, you can click right on the folder itself which will open File Manager. If you want, provide a screenshot of the Disk Usage after you break down the tree a bit so we can better guide you.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The previous post should help. Here's the documentation link for the Disk Usage feature in cPanel:

Disk Usage - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Could you post a screenshot of the usage, or let us know what it shows as taking up the most space?

Thank you.