The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMP file and phpmyadmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by thiva7, Mar 4, 2011.

1. thiva7

thiva7 Member

hi

i have some problem with TMP file and phpmyadmin!!
    i get this mail from cpanel

Attempts to create new directories or files whose filenames begin with numbers have failed.
    This is indicative of a root compromise of the server.

The exact error encountered was:

Failed to create directory /tmp/cpanel.TMP.2TaRTkfElwYpJNJS: Read-only file system

and in phpmyadmin i cant access!!!

how i can fix this?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The email indicates the /tmp partition is read only for the file system. You would want to contact your datacenter, NOC or provider after ensuring you have full backups, then have them reboot the machine and run a file system check. Do not run such a check with the machine online, it needs to be brought down to then run the fsck on it.

It is highly possible it might either not come back after such a reboot or it might still be in read only mode. If it is, then you may need to migrate the data, which is where the backups might be necessary.

3. thiva7

thiva7 Member

hi

from my host send me this mail

Okay, your drive /dev/sdb has a read error:

Device Model: SAMSUNG HD502IJ
    Serial Number: S1GVJDWS202815

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate 0x000f 099 022 051 Pre-fail Always In_the_past 4619

This is not a 100% critical failure (the drive will continue to operate, and data may be recoverable for some time), however the drive WILL need to be replaced, the sooner the better. As of right now, it does not look like you have this drive mounted anywhere on your system... For reference, both /dev/sda and /dev/sdb are 500gb drives. You have about 250gb (50%) of usable space still left on /dev/sda, which is your primary drive. You should check and see if this is sufficent space for you to make whatever backups you need, and then reopen this ticket with us to have the faulty drive listed above replaced !!!!

how i can create backup ??

thank you

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can use the following command to to create backups if you have WHM > Backup > Configure Backup setup with backups enabled

Code:
    /scripts/cpbackup --force
    If you do not have backups enabled, then enable backups there to save to a partition where you have space and run "/scripts/upcp --force" at that time.

5. thiva7

thiva7 Member

with this command

will create full backup of my accounts??

if yes where will placed backup ??

6. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /scripts/cpbackup --force will create backups of all of your accounts, if backups are enabled in the WebHost Manager in Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup. Make sure that Backup Status is Enabled and also that Backup Accounts is Enabled.

The backup archive files will be placed in a directory named cpbackup within the directory defined in the setting for Backup Destination. Do not use /home for the backup destination. Most users either use /backup, or specify a mount point for a different hard drive.

The following links offer complete information about our cpbackup system and its settings:

Backup
    Configure Backup