Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/tmp security

Discussion in 'Security' started by Sheldon, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering is someone could give me a detailed how to on /tmp security and how to use the

/scripts/securetmp

properly and any othe concerns I should have.

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, a good starting point is to search these forums since it has been discussed at length before :)

Other than that, if you want to create a secure tmp and you don't have any spare partition space to do so, then /scripts/securetmp is the way to go. It creates a file which is mounted as a virtual file system with the appropriate permissions set - you just run it and say yes to include it at boot time (which puts an entry in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to mount the partition on server boot).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...