The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Freebsd 6.2 Cpanel users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Apr 5, 2008.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2003
    New York
    Something odd is happening on our Freebsd 6.2 Cpanel boxes, we are seeing Freebsd 6.3 messages with certain functions, but this is only happening on our machines running Cpanel.

Can anyone running 6.2 see what comes out when they do a :

/usr/local/sbin/lsof -v

this will just output "lsof" version info, the part near the top showing the version info on my cpanel boxes shows Freebsd 6.3 but my non-cpanel boxes all show Freebsd 6.2, as they should.

I also see this when restarting stunnel and saw it during a recompile of apache (cannot recall where but it rolled off the screen).

Just want to be sure we are not merging bad programs in our systems that might later come back and bite us in the ass. Different O/S versions require different libraries or entry points, hooks and what not. Cant tell if its something packaged from Cpanel or if our servers are requesting the wrong files when doing a "upcp" or something.

#1 nyjimbo, Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If it's in /usr/local, than most likely it is installed via ports. Kinda weird that it would be reporting 6.3 however, unless that string somehow got hard coded (unlikely). It could be the cPanel ports tree we distribute.