Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Tomcat: Getting .war deployment and web.xml to work properly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RisingHost, Apr 10, 2003.

1. RisingHost

RisingHost Member

I'm trying to get .war deployment and web.xml files working on my server with not much success. Individual JSP pages and /servlet /servlets work on my server but when I try to do war deployment the war file unpacks but the JSP pages don't work and neither do the included servlets... or when I try and put a web.xml directory within a WEB-INF folder under the public_html directory it doesn't appear to give the proper results. Has anyone here experienced this and have any suggestions?

Background:
    I've installed Tomcat 4.0.3 configured the httpd.conf with the
    Include "/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-src/build/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf"
    AddModule mod_jk.c
    in the addmod section

as well as adding the following line in the handler section
    AddType text/html .jsp

I've also added the following lines to each domain which will be using tomcat.
    <IfModule mod_jk.c>
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
    JkMount /servlets/* ajp13
    </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

Lastly I've configured the web.xml file for /servlet and /servlets and the server.xml for the virtual hosts which will be using tomcat.

I still dont have individual web.xml files working or war deployment for user accounts... Please help! :)