The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomcat Icon not showing in Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teramera, Oct 26, 2009.

1. teramera

teramera Registered

I have Tomcat installed on the server Its been installed suing easyapache as directed. However I cannot see any Icon in the User Cpanel for which I have enabled servlet.
    Can someone pls help me and tell me where this is and how it can be enabled?

Regards
    Tera
    :eek:

2. chinmay

chinmay Well-Known Member

Not sure if you will be able to view the tomcat Icon in cPanel.

But, to install servlets for a account/user, access the option Account Functions >> Install Servlets from WHM as root and select the domain on which you want to install servlets. Click in Install. This will install servlets on the account/user you have selected.

Do post here if you still have any questions :)

3. teramera

teramera Registered

Thanks Chinmay.. I have done just that. Could you help me with this other thing... I need to install a phpbridge and i went to the site PHP/Java Bridge and downloaded the JavaBridgeTemplate.war file.

In the above URL it says that I need to --"Copy the PHP web application JavaBridgeTemplate.war to the Tomcat webapps directory."

How can i find the webapps directory ? DO i need to do this thru shell or can I do an FTP? Or should this be uploaded in the WEB-INF directory for the domain that i need java for.

Or should this be installed on server for access to all ?

AM confused .. could you help?

Regards
    Tera

4. qwidjib0

qwidjib0 Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi Tera,

This presentation is wonderful for using Tomcat with cPanel:

http://twiki.cpanel.net/twiki/pub/AllDocumentation/TrainingResources/TrainingSlides08/Tomcat.pdf

From all I've seen, there won't be an icon. Instead, after a user unzips a .WAR, a cron will install the application, copying the content over their tomcat work folder (in /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/work/Catalina/(domain.com)/(applicationname)). Applications are re-deployed in much the same way, rather than being deployed via the web interface as is done with Plesk (and usually, this works a lot better :) ).

Hope that helps.

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    To the best of my knowledge there is no Tomcat icon that would be shown; if this was seen it may have been from a different implementation of Tomcat, or perhaps had an additional third-party plug-in or extra software installed.

Installing and removing JSP servlets is available via both SSH (as root) and via WHM; is this type of functionality perhaps what you were expecting?

It will help to know, what specific functionality are you needing or looking for from a Tomcat feature accessible via cPanel?