The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomcat installation failure

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Stefaans, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Stefaans

    Stefaans Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2002
    Messages:
    451
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Vancouver, Canada
    I am trying to install Tomcat 5.0 using the WHM addon modules function. All seem to go well with the installation until near the end when I get the following error:
    Code:
    checking wether the Java compiler (/usr/local/jdk/bin/javac) works... 
    ./configure: line 2424: 18690 Aborted (core dumped) $JAVAC $JAVACFLAGS Test.java >/dev/null 2>&1
    no 
    configure: error: installation or configuration problem: javac cannot compile 
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    The installation then continues, but I am unable to start the Tomcat service. I think the root of the problem is the javac compiler that's not working.

    I have tried many things, including manually removing previous installation files, uninstalled, and reinstalling the addon several times, forced a reinstall of glibc, rebooted, etc. Nothing seems to work.

    The server runs RH8 and cPanel 9.9.1-R3. (BTW, I got the Tomcat addon to work just fine on another server running RHE.) I previously had Tomcat 4.1 running on this RH8 server. It was eating big chunks of memory every now and then, otherwise it was doing OK.

    I have lost a lot of sleep trying to fix this. Your advice will be real welcome :)
     
  2. cPanelBilly

    cPanelBilly Guest

    em -rf /usr/local/j2sdk
    rm -rf /usr/local/jdk
     
  3. Stefaans

    Stefaans Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2002
    Messages:
    451
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not solve the problem. Tried what you suggested, and uninstalled /& reinstalled Tomcat several more time. I have a feeling I may never get Tomcat to work on this server. Have been thinking of upgrading to RHE, maybe now is a good time ;)
     
Loading...

Share This Page