Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Tomcat/Java problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcusg70, Mar 22, 2005.

1. marcusg70

marcusg70 Registered

Hi !

I recently did setup some java solution for my site and got stuck with some error messages that I really cannot figure out what it causes since I am also not very familiar with Tomcat/Java. I have my web.xml in WEB-INF directory and the servlets in the classes/-subdirectory, Tomcat enabled, and I just get this thing working.
    I am calling my servlet through a form with: servlets/servletname and what I always get is a HTTP Status 500 error message:

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at Itau.Itaucripto.geraDados(Itaucripto.java:212)
    at ServletCriptoShopline.service(ServletCriptoShopline.java:84)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2422)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:163)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:324)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:395)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:673)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:615)
    at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:786)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Can someone tell me where exactly to look for, configuration files or whatsoever, because I am kind of lost with this problem.

Thanks a lot.
    Marcus

2. LuisMello

LuisMello Member

Also I am with a similar problem, somebody has a solution?