The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tomcat / jre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chmod root, Oct 25, 2006.

1. chmod root

chmod root Active Member

How do I install JRE? the threads I searched are outdated or don't mention JRE specifically. Is this part of Tomcat by default? If so, how do I check the version?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If tomcat is installed via the WHM Addon, then the JRE is installed also. If you don't have access to WHM, then you need to talk to your system administrator about installing Tomcat for you.

3. sabina

sabina Registered

hello,i have a ( linux) server with JRE.and i have a client-server application too.
    i want to upload my project in cpanel.

in my server will be to tie everything together(client and server) and provide a GUI so I can see what's happening.so i use GUI JFrame ,... and create all class of java application with netbeans.

now , i don't know how to upload my project in cpanel(which file and folders of netbeans to which folders of cpanel ).

i asked it "http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/java-networking/7188-how-upload-netbeanss-code-cpanel.html"
    replyd :You'll probably have more luck asking at a cpanel forum

tnx

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this a .war file or some other application structure? Did you already locally develop it to get it working? The main document root is /home/user/public_html so you can upload your files to public_html, but we wouldn't know the directory structure of netbeans itself either, since we don't know which files and folders for netbeans need to be uploaded. I can state that it must be public_html or higher in the cPanel user's account in order for it to work, though.

5. sabina

sabina Registered

not .war, but it is an application structure.i test it in wampserver, and it worked .but in cpanel is not working.
    tnx for helping me.

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello sabina,

How are you deploying it? Where are you placing the files basically and which files are being uploaded?

Thanks.

7. sabina

sabina Registered

hello,
    i make this project with netbeans IDE 6.5. and i have folders (build,dist,nbproject,src,test) and files (build.xml,mainfest.mf) .
    in build folder, exist Main.class and other classes.
    in dist folder ,exist a Jar file.
    in nbproject folder ,exist build-impl,build.xml,project.properties,project.xml,genfiles.properties.
    in src , exist MAin.java, other java files.

in netbeans , I did right-click on name project and ,select Properties ,and select PAckaging Node .then active check "compress jar file". so build project and then run it. and finally i upload jar file in public_html of cpanel.

Thank you.