BaDBoY_2000

Active Member
May 20, 2003
37
0
156
hmm installed then installed servlets went too

domain.com/servlets/ServletsTestPage

and here are the results

HTTP Status 404 - /servlets/ServletsTestPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /servlets/ServletsTestPage

description The requested resource (/servlets/ServletsTestPage) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28



any info?




EDIT

works like a charm, uninstalled/reinstalled removed all the BS i installed before and man it is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks for the hard work :)
 
Last edited:

MichaelShanks

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Aug 20, 2001
103
0
316
hmm tried this on two servers now, one FC2 and one RH9.0, basically installs the files to the addon-module directory but does not appear to manipulate any files and tomcat is not installed, I'll keep looking deeper, maybe I'm issing somethign,

good work btw nick saving me a bit of grief if this works correectly.

it doesnt seem to want to install via WHM and this error is received when running via CLI


[email protected] [/usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/tomcat-Linux-i686]# ./install
Unmatched right curly bracket at ./install line 85, at end of line
syntax error at ./install line 85, near ""${installdir}/scripts/stoptomcat"}"
Execution of ./install aborted due to compilation errors.
 
Last edited:

KualoCraig

Member
PartnerNOC
Oct 22, 2002
20
0
151
bdraco said:
Should work under everything but freebsd
Hi Nick,

Do you have any idea when you might have a FreeBSD version? Installing manually on FreeBSD is possible, but takes time and patience :)

Thanks,

Craig.
 

ob-1

Member
Jan 18, 2003
17
0
151
KualoCraig said:
Hi Nick,

Do you have any idea when you might have a FreeBSD version? Installing manually on FreeBSD is possible, but takes time and patience :)

Thanks,

Craig.
I'd also appreciate an answer on this one...
 

MichaelShanks

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Aug 20, 2001
103
0
316
MichaelShanks said:
hmm tried this on two servers now, one FC2 and one RH9.0, basically installs the files to the addon-module directory but does not appear to manipulate any files and tomcat is not installed, I'll keep looking deeper, maybe I'm issing somethign,

good work btw nick saving me a bit of grief if this works correectly.

it doesnt seem to want to install via WHM and this error is received when running via CLI


[email protected] [/usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/tomcat-Linux-i686]# ./install
Unmatched right curly bracket at ./install line 85, at end of line
syntax error at ./install line 85, near ""${installdir}/scripts/stoptomcat"}"
Execution of ./install aborted due to compilation errors.

all fixed now, thanks guys
 

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
3,481
35
208
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
KualoCraig said:
Hi Nick,

Do you have any idea when you might have a FreeBSD version? Installing manually on FreeBSD is possible, but takes time and patience :)

Thanks,

Craig.

This probably can't be done due to sun SCSL license restrictions. If it was, you would be uploading a lot of files to /usr/ports/distfiles/
 

ob-1

Member
Jan 18, 2003
17
0
151
bdraco said:
This probably can't be done due to sun SCSL license restrictions. If it was, you would be uploading a lot of files to /usr/ports/distfiles/
Thats not a problem though, once the license files are there it should not be a huge deal.
 

harrisliu

Member
Apr 11, 2004
7
0
151
seems that JDBC is already installed by default. I did not install JDBC driver in my new server. I installed the addon and my old mysql jdbc jsp worked perfectly.
 

kennyhwl

Registered
Jul 29, 2004
3
0
151
Last edited:

jeroman8

Well-Known Member
Mar 14, 2003
410
0
166
When will this be up in a release version ?

I rather use cpanel installation than another autoinstaller so I can
get support if it doesn't work :)
 

dgbaker

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
2,531
9
343
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Umm not sure it is supported anyway. cPanel still has the stance that they don't support tomcat. I think they are doing just as I was doing, and that is support the installer only and not the product.
 

Snowman30

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Apr 7, 2002
679
0
316
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
BaDBoY_2000 said:
hmm installed then installed servlets went too

domain.com/servlets/ServletsTestPage

and here are the results

HTTP Status 404 - /servlets/ServletsTestPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /servlets/ServletsTestPage

description The requested resource (/servlets/ServletsTestPage) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
Im getitng the same problem on 7 different servers...

what have i missed? all ive done is install the addon, then apply the servlets to the account.
 

cothrun

Member
Oct 22, 2003
19
0
151
Just tried installing Tomcat, seemed to go fine.

On my server there is a http://example.com/jsptest.jsp that works just fine.
I don't have a http://example.com/servlets/ folder.

Anyone have any pointers on administering the Tomcat/CPanel combo? Do my users need to have access to the Tomcat interface? I haven't worked with Tomcat since v3.x, it appears to have come a long way, I last remember editing XML files to get servlets up and running.

I've got a friend diving into JSP and servlet development, I'll set him up and see what issues come up.
 

ccccanada

Well-Known Member
Jan 17, 2003
279
0
166
I have installed Tomcat via the addon modules in WHM and all seemed fine.

The server main admin comes up fine as http://server.domain.com:8080.

However I have just transfered a domain from another server that was running tomcat 4.?? and was working great on the old server but does not run on the new server.

I have enabled the domain under Install Servlets in WHM.

I have checked httpd.conf and the tomcat info was added no problem.

I have checked server.xml and the <host> info is there also with no problem but the pages do not work.

I get the error:

HTTP Status 404 - /jsptest.jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /jsptest.jsp

description The requested resource (/jsptest.jsp) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Does anyone have any Idea what I should try to resolve this problem?

Are there ant Tomcat experts here that would fix this for me at a reasonable cost?

Thank you!
 

linuxdude

Member
Feb 16, 2004
12
0
151
ccccanada said:
I have installed Tomcat via the addon modules in WHM and all seemed fine.

The server main admin comes up fine as http://server.domain.com:8080.

However I have just transfered a domain from another server that was running tomcat 4.?? and was working great on the old server but does not run on the new server.

I have enabled the domain under Install Servlets in WHM.

I have checked httpd.conf and the tomcat info was added no problem.

I have checked server.xml and the <host> info is there also with no problem but the pages do not work.

I get the error:

HTTP Status 404 - /jsptest.jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /jsptest.jsp

description The requested resource (/jsptest.jsp) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Does anyone have any Idea what I should try to resolve this problem?

Are there ant Tomcat experts here that would fix this for me at a reasonable cost?

Thank you!
Any suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks.
 

ccccanada

Well-Known Member
Jan 17, 2003
279
0
166
contact dgbarker he fixed it for me in no time at all and charged very little.