BaDBoY_2000

May 20, 2003
hmm installed then installed servlets went too

domain.com/servlets/ServletsTestPage

and here are the results

HTTP Status 404 - /servlets/ServletsTestPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /servlets/ServletsTestPage

description The requested resource (/servlets/ServletsTestPage) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

any info?

EDIT

works like a charm, uninstalled/reinstalled removed all the BS i installed before and man it is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks for the hard work :)

Last edited:

MichaelShanks

PartnerNOC
Aug 20, 2001
hmm tried this on two servers now, one FC2 and one RH9.0, basically installs the files to the addon-module directory but does not appear to manipulate any files and tomcat is not installed, I'll keep looking deeper, maybe I'm issing somethign,

good work btw nick saving me a bit of grief if this works correectly.

it doesnt seem to want to install via WHM and this error is received when running via CLI

[email protected] [/usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/tomcat-Linux-i686]# ./install
Unmatched right curly bracket at ./install line 85, at end of line
syntax error at ./install line 85, near ""${installdir}/scripts/stoptomcat"}"
Execution of ./install aborted due to compilation errors.

Last edited:

KualoCraig

PartnerNOC
Oct 22, 2002
bdraco said:
Should work under everything but freebsd
Hi Nick,

Do you have any idea when you might have a FreeBSD version? Installing manually on FreeBSD is possible, but takes time and patience :)

Thanks,

Craig.

ob-1

Jan 18, 2003
KualoCraig said:
Hi Nick,

Do you have any idea when you might have a FreeBSD version? Installing manually on FreeBSD is possible, but takes time and patience :)

Thanks,

Craig.
I'd also appreciate an answer on this one...

MichaelShanks

PartnerNOC
Aug 20, 2001
MichaelShanks said:
hmm tried this on two servers now, one FC2 and one RH9.0, basically installs the files to the addon-module directory but does not appear to manipulate any files and tomcat is not installed, I'll keep looking deeper, maybe I'm issing somethign,

good work btw nick saving me a bit of grief if this works correectly.

it doesnt seem to want to install via WHM and this error is received when running via CLI

[email protected] [/usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/tomcat-Linux-i686]# ./install
Unmatched right curly bracket at ./install line 85, at end of line
syntax error at ./install line 85, near ""${installdir}/scripts/stoptomcat"}"
Execution of ./install aborted due to compilation errors.

all fixed now, thanks guys

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
KualoCraig said:
Hi Nick,

Thanks,

Craig.

This probably can't be done due to sun SCSL license restrictions. If it was, you would be uploading a lot of files to /usr/ports/distfiles/

ob-1

Jan 18, 2003
bdraco said:
This probably can't be done due to sun SCSL license restrictions. If it was, you would be uploading a lot of files to /usr/ports/distfiles/
Thats not a problem though, once the license files are there it should not be a huge deal.

harrisliu

Apr 11, 2004
seems that JDBC is already installed by default. I did not install JDBC driver in my new server. I installed the addon and my old mysql jdbc jsp worked perfectly.

kennyhwl

Registered
Jul 29, 2004
Last edited:

jeroman8

Mar 14, 2003
When will this be up in a release version ?

I rather use cpanel installation than another autoinstaller so I can
get support if it doesn't work :)

dgbaker

PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Umm not sure it is supported anyway. cPanel still has the stance that they don't support tomcat. I think they are doing just as I was doing, and that is support the installer only and not the product.

Snowman30

PartnerNOC
Apr 7, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
BaDBoY_2000 said:
hmm installed then installed servlets went too

domain.com/servlets/ServletsTestPage

and here are the results

HTTP Status 404 - /servlets/ServletsTestPage

type Status report

message /servlets/ServletsTestPage

description The requested resource (/servlets/ServletsTestPage) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
Im getitng the same problem on 7 different servers...

what have i missed? all ive done is install the addon, then apply the servlets to the account.

cothrun

Oct 22, 2003
Just tried installing Tomcat, seemed to go fine.

On my server there is a http://example.com/jsptest.jsp that works just fine.
I don't have a http://example.com/servlets/ folder.

Anyone have any pointers on administering the Tomcat/CPanel combo? Do my users need to have access to the Tomcat interface? I haven't worked with Tomcat since v3.x, it appears to have come a long way, I last remember editing XML files to get servlets up and running.

I've got a friend diving into JSP and servlet development, I'll set him up and see what issues come up.

ccccanada

Jan 17, 2003
I have installed Tomcat via the addon modules in WHM and all seemed fine.

The server main admin comes up fine as http://server.domain.com:8080.

However I have just transfered a domain from another server that was running tomcat 4.?? and was working great on the old server but does not run on the new server.

I have enabled the domain under Install Servlets in WHM.

I have checked httpd.conf and the tomcat info was added no problem.

I have checked server.xml and the <host> info is there also with no problem but the pages do not work.

I get the error:

HTTP Status 404 - /jsptest.jsp

type Status report

message /jsptest.jsp

description The requested resource (/jsptest.jsp) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Does anyone have any Idea what I should try to resolve this problem?

Are there ant Tomcat experts here that would fix this for me at a reasonable cost?

Thank you!

linuxdude

Feb 16, 2004
ccccanada said:
I have installed Tomcat via the addon modules in WHM and all seemed fine.

The server main admin comes up fine as http://server.domain.com:8080.

However I have just transfered a domain from another server that was running tomcat 4.?? and was working great on the old server but does not run on the new server.

I have enabled the domain under Install Servlets in WHM.

I have checked httpd.conf and the tomcat info was added no problem.

I have checked server.xml and the <host> info is there also with no problem but the pages do not work.

I get the error:

HTTP Status 404 - /jsptest.jsp

type Status report

message /jsptest.jsp

description The requested resource (/jsptest.jsp) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Does anyone have any Idea what I should try to resolve this problem?

Are there ant Tomcat experts here that would fix this for me at a reasonable cost?

Thank you!
Any suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks.

ccccanada

Jan 17, 2003
contact dgbarker he fixed it for me in no time at all and charged very little.