The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomcat just took a dump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Sep 9, 2002.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Tomcat refuses to load now. It generates an &Unexpected Signal : 4& message in the JVM. This just started around 2am this morning. No configurations were changed at the time and nothing was restarted. Now when I try restarting, nothing happens. Same errors and no loading. I've got MANY customers using Tomcat so they are all dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, the install is from the Tomcat 4.03 CPanel install. It has been running just fine until early this morning.

Jaz

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

I got it fixed. It turns out the JVM got corrupted somehow. The libjvm.so file failed an md5sum test which prevented java from running. Not sure how it got corrupt though?!?!

Since I couldn't find the same version of the JVM that CPanel installs, I just downloaded the latest v1.4.1.01 and performed an RPM upgrade. Then I just had to create a linked directory of the old install directory to the new install directory so nothing breaks.

Jaz

3. greg

greg Active Member

I just have to compliment you on your message title.. its not often this particular forum makes me laugh :)

(and if no one else finds it remotely funny, its just my sense of humour)