The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomcat manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joostschouten, May 11, 2005.

1. joostschouten

joostschouten Registered

Hi,

I just booted up my first dedicated server and am happily browsing through my new WHM. Installed Tomcat and activated servlets on three of my accounts. All good! I have three questions however:

- How do I access my tomcat manager. The neatly laid out page html layout accessible under localhost/manager here on my locale testing environment.
    - Also does this tomcat run multiple tomcat instances for each account or does it run an application for each account.
    - And can I just place my web.xml in the WEB-INF folder or do I need to place it in a *.conf file placed in the account root just like I did on my shered account?

Thank you for your help,
    Joost Schouten

2. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

When the installation via WHM completed you were given:

Install Complete
    The admin url is http://server.hostname.com:8080/
    The admin user is fillinblank
    The admin password is fillinblank

3. joostschouten

joostschouten Registered

Don't get the message?

Hi,

O am not quite sure if I'm installing it propperly here. I install the cPanel tomcat module but only get a couple of lines showing what has been copied where and the license conditions at the end.

I've been searching for a good WHM/cPanel with Tomcat tutorial but cannot find it. Could you clear up the smoke for me or have a good tutorial?

Thank you for your help.
    Regards,
    Joost