The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomcat Restart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gtf, Feb 5, 2009.

1. gtf

gtf Registered

I gave up on servlet support last year as my host didn't know much about Java or servlets. Well yesterday, I noticed an option in WHM to use easyapache3 and servlets so I decided to give it another try.

I installed servlets on a domain, but Tomcat never started. Oh yeah, I use easyapache3 to install Tomcat 5.5.25 first and I see the domain added to the server.xml file and mod_jk in the the httpd.conf file.

However, attempts to serve JSP's result in 503's (server wasn't running) and 404's, Tomcat running, but can't serve a JSP or servlet from the domain where I installed servlets from WHM.

I used the restart tomcat script to try and get Tomcat running. No go. Looked at the script and it appears there is a tomcat disabled file that is sitting in etc that prevents the restart script from working. So I moved the tomcat disabled file and poof, the restart tomcat service script works and Tomcat starts. However, I still can't serve anything using Tomcat.

So 2 questions:
    1. What gotchas do I need to look for by moving the tomcat disabled file
    2. How do I get Tomcat to start automatically?
    3. How do I get the web server and Tomcat to play nicely in this environment so I can serve JSPs and Servlets?

Thanks.

2. skyisp

skyisp Registered

try ngasi.com for their Private JVM and most recently
    shared JVM solution.

Takes care of all those headaches.