The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tons of returned email from clients' newsletters

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jeff75, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I have a client who has a rather large mailing list. They send a mailing out about once or twice a week. Whenever they do this about 300 returned emails are sent to nobody@servername.domain.com.

What do I need to do to make it so it will be returned back to their default account or their reply to address?

If I check this option under Tweak Settings in WHM "Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)", will it fix the problem? I am currently running suexec but not phpexec. What difference would it make if I enable phpexec?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of having to go through and delete around 300 emails and make sure I'm not deleting any valid mail in the process!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

tons or returned emails

If you have access to their program that is generating the email you need to see if they are using the Reply-To:, if not you might set it.

Also, if they do not have a From: line in the script it can cause this problem.

Hope this helps.

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

They have an email address for the Reply-To field, but the from address was just a name and not an actual email address.

Thanks for your help!