Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too many forwards?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jack Gold, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jack Gold

Jack Gold Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I set up basically a blind box email address for applicants to submit their resumes. That email address is set to forward the applications to the decision makers' email addresses on our domain. Then it gets complicated.

Those email addresses are set to forward mail to the managers' personal accounts but the application emails are not being forwarded as desired. Is what I'm trying to do even possible or is that too many forwards for the server to handle?

BTW, the reason this is set like this is that this is for a small municipality and the Board members are all part time. They receive official emails at their jobs. I'll leave it at that rather than go into all the gory details.

Thanks for your help!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have root access to this system? If not, you may want to report this issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look at /var/log/exim_mainlog to see what's happening to the messages when they are not forwarded to their final destinations.

Thank you.

3. Jack Gold

Jack Gold Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your response. After I posted this thread I ran a trace and the forwarders are all working as they should.

This morning I received an email from the individual who made the complaint. As it turns out, everyone who was supposed to receive the test message did receive it, except him. His email is thru Gmail whereas all others are private domain. That really should not matter but that's my only clue at this point.

Thanks again

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may still want to report this issue to your hosting provider so they can verify the server is configured to have GMail accept the message, or to review /var/log/exim_mainlog to see if any additional clues exist.

Thank you.

5. Jack Gold

Jack Gold Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I followed your advice and submitted a support ticket to our host. Hopefully they will look into it and find a resolution.

Thanks again.