The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too many processes running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonyleonx, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tonyleonx

tonyleonx Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Cpanel admins,

I have a problem and I would really appreciate if any of you can point in the right direction. The thing is that for the last couple of days I have been seeing my site running awfully slow and under the "processes" area in Cpanel over 20 of them keep popping up, terminating and popping up. Endlessly. I am currently hosting with Hostgator and their incompetence has led me to never ask them a question agains, given that their most common answer is "we are going to disable your site until you find a solution."

Have any of you seen this issue before? Could it be wordpress related, hosting related?

I disabled the plugins for a full day and the problems persist.

Thank you

2. krava

krava Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Hmmm, I don't see the area "processes" in my cPanel. Most likely it is some custom module/addon developed by HostGator to make their users be to monitor processes generated by the websites.

Anyway, could you please show us what you see exactly ? It will help us to understand what kind of processes your account generates. Additionally please let us know if you use shared/vps or dedicated hosting. Also, do you have SSH access to your account ?